Most of us have been in the market for a new stroller for our newborn or toddler, but finding the right one can be hard. With the variety of options available, choosing the right stroller is no easy task. If you don’t want to read through the article here is our recommendation.
When you’re expecting a new baby, you want to make sure you have the right stroller to transport your new bundle of joy. There are so many different types of baby strollers, and they each have their own pros and cons. We’ll take a look at the top 3 best strollers for newborn and toddler.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2
The city small GT2 is extremely easy to fold and unfold, making it an excellent choice for families with little storage space. The stroller is extremely sturdy and safe, and its three-wheel design makes it quite easy to maneuver. Additionally, it is pretty large and spacious for a stroller.
In general, it's an excellent stroller that's well worth the investment.
This stroller is equipped with a slew of features that parents adore. The all-terrain tires make pushing this stroller effortless whether you’re cruising through city streets or across a green park. It features an adjustable handle that accommodates caregivers of varying heights and a hand-operated brake that makes parking baby a breeze. Additionally, it may be folded down with one hand and automatically locks in the folded position.
Additionally, it is compatible with a variety of car seat manufacturers and includes a car seat adaptor, allowing it to be used as a travel system.
Due to the adjustable calf support and reclining seat, babies may rest virtually flat — and even peep at Mom and Dad via the peekaboo window in the extra-long UPF 50 + canopy.
Summer 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
This is an excellent travel stroller. It's compact and lightweight. Although I did not travel by plane, I did travel quite a bit by automobile. For the price, it looks and feels fantastic. It is not a cheap POS, as some have claimed. Metal and plastic are thinner; cloth is less expensive and possibly less comfortable; and so forth. However, given the price, it's an excellent offer. It makes an excellent «second stroller».
I’m extremely impressed for the price! & It took me less than 30 seconds to setup. Except for the wheels and canopy, which simply snap on. I was immediately surprised by the high-quality materials and cushioning in the seat and straps.
Additionally, the foam grips felt more luxurious than the plastic handles on the earlier stroller. It weighted around 13.5 pounds on our scale and felt noticeably lighter than our previous stroller, which I spent more for.
Although the difference is just approximately 2.5 pounds, it is noticeable. I really enjoyed how the recliner operated and the amount of recline we could get in comparison to our previous stroller. Additionally, the seat was broader, which is beneficial for larger children.
Our tall four-year-old had troubles with the last one, complaining about being too cramped. The mechanics for opening and shutting were effective. To open it, place your foot on the foot peddle and pull the stroller handles towards you, rather than pressing down on the peddle. It will just pop up, but if you press down with your foot on the peddle, it will be more difficult to open since you are placing weight on the wheels, which must split and widen apart in order to open.
For the price, I’m rather impressed.
Doona Infant Car Seat & Latch Base
Car seat/stroller Combo
You're accustomed to car seats clipping into strollers, but how about just ONE piece of gear that converts from car seat to stroller?! Simply fold the wheels back, retract the handle, and slot it into the base of the car seat (or buckle it with a seat belt). Additionally, presto! There is nothing further to drag about, nothing at all. That's rather remarkable: the Doona is a one-of-a-kind product. Not only is it two-in-one, it's three-in-one: it doubles as a baby rocker.
This is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made on Amazon. The day after the baby was born, the item was delivered and we left the hospital with it. It was incredible how quickly I picked up on how to operate it.
We opted to walk from the hospital to our house instead of taking a taxi. When we sit our son in the Doona, he always feels secure and content. It’s quite maneuverable, and it’s performed admirably in every application we’ve considered. Thus, here is a brief list of the use cases we have successfully validated:
- Taking the baby to a restaurant for lunch and dinner: we’ve used it in car seat mode, keeping him close to our side on long benches in restaurants, or as a stroller (with the brakes engaged) and substituting for a table seat. Unlike other strollers, it is tiny enough to avoid people coming too near to its wheels.
- Taking the infant on a ferry: Of course! It functioned well in car seat mode for this purpose. And the infant has taken a like to traveling since his first day out (really thanks to the Doona… remember the baby adapts to your lifestyle instead of otherwise, if you choose to do so).
- Using Uber: We’ve taken the baby on over 50 trips and all drivers – truly, all of them – have been blown away by how easily we were able to get him in and out of the car, switching from stroller to car seat and back to stroller in a single motion. Simply inform your Uber driver that they do not need to exit the vehicle to open the trunk or assist with handling the stroller, since it transforms into a car seat quickly. It has simplified our life when we are not at home.
- Taking the baby to the beach: just convert to a car seat and carry it by the handle; when you reach your palm tree place, simply pop out the wheels. While the incorporated shade helps keep the infant comfortable, we take extra precautions and always cover the top of the Doona with a blanket to keep out insects and excessive sun and wind. There is an official sunshade, but we chose the cheaper route because we didn’t bring the sunshade and didn’t want to wait for shipment.
- Taking the infant to the movies: Absolutely! Believe it or not, infants enjoy Avengers, even if it is a three-hour film. We just set the Doona to car seat mode and presto! Simply check the baby for signs of a wet diaper and perhaps change it halfway through the film to avoid the baby crying. Remember to take a seat along the aisles or adjacent to accessible seating and you’ll enjoy your movie date once more without having to wait years to return. Indeed, having accomplished this has aided us emotionally, as we have discovered that we can still do activities we enjoy.
- Flying with the infant: Oh, sure… we had an international travel in week 5 and felt like a “moving Kodak photo opportunity” as we made our way through the airport. It was incredibly easy to maneuver through narrow or crowded spaces, and there are two ways to travel with it: 1. Taking it to the gate and unloading the baby directly at the plane’s door; the airline will take care of it and place it with the cargo, and then return it to you when you exit the plane, allowing you to continue using it through customs and luggage pick up without having to hold the baby the entire time. And… 2. Purchasing a baby seat that is licensed for air travel so that you may bring the Doona on board… We picked option 1 and used the money saved to purchase diapers and infant formula. Additionally, it was by far the easiest stroller/seat to operate that we encountered (and the airline staff said that too). Other infants were on both aircraft we flew, and to be honest, they weren’t having nearly as much fun as we were.
- Passing the car seat through the TSA checkpoint is simple… it is X-rayed in car seat mode, flipped upside down. That is precisely the proper size.
- Taking the infant to doctor’s appointments: waiting rooms may get packed at times, and we were relieved that our Doona didn’t take up as much space, so avoiding making other people uncomfortable. During an appointment, I discovered a new “option” for the Doona that I’ve never seen mentioned in reviews or anywhere else: just retract the wheels to convert it to a car seat and leave it on the floor. Surprisingly, it functions similarly to a rocking chair! Simply test it when you receive yours and marvel at the “rocking chair” mode. I’ve never seen so many “WTF” expressions in one place before.
- Using one hand to enter and exit elevators: just retract the handle and position it upright to take up the least amount of space feasible. It’s really simple to accomplish.
- Going shopping: because it’s so compact and adaptable, you can take it to the outlets and feel like a “Kodak picture spot/opportunity” once again (in fact, someone commented that when I retracted the Doona to climb some steps and avoid a lengthy ramp that other parents were leisurely descending) (hence the photo op… a line of parents wasting time and only one avoiding the traffic jam).
In a nutshell, Doona has made us happy parents.
These are some of the best strollers for new-born babies and toddlers. You can use any of these strollers for your baby. But the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 is the best stroller for newborns.
If you have any queries regarding the above article, feel free to leave a comment below.